ClubWorks is a brand new programme, managed by India Sport . It is designed to help support clubs and organisations in India over the next 3 years through:• Developing coaches and volunteers
• Attracting new members
• Helping to access funding
• Planning for the future
Two years of one-to-one contact and support from a dedicated Club Support Officer.
A personalised programme to help your club or organisation to grow; opportunities include:• Bespoke support for your organisation
• Mentoring and workshops
• Diversifying your membership
• Help with funding applications
• Volunteer and coach recruitment
• Club forums
The programme gives 14-25 year-olds access to six-to-eight weeks' of free or subsidised coaching in a range of sports. There’s a wide range of activities on offer including judo, golf, tennis, etc.. During the six-to-eight weeks those taking part can work towards an event or personal challenge and when the free or low-cost coaching has finished they will be supported to continue playing sport.
Primary Schools are supported to improve the quality of their Physical Education activities through the Primary PE and Sport Premium programme
The Primary PE and Sport Premium has been allocated to all maintained and state-funded schools, including primary, middle, special and non-maintained special schools, academies and pupil referral units.
Many young people stop playing sport when they leave school but Satellite Clubs aims to prevent this by making the transition from school to community sport easier
What is a Satellite Club?
Satellite Clubs are extensions of community sports clubs, which are established in a secondary school or college in order to target the 11-25 year olds. Satellite Clubs may have a range of different objectives, determined by the local need and insight. These could include:
- Developing the existing community club with the high levels of demand for a particular sport
- Broadening the club offer to attract more young people to the club
- Focusing on opportunities for specific groups, such as disability sport or gender or age specific sessions
There are several work areas in which India Sport provides support to National Governing Bodies of Sport:
- Local insight;
- Strategic networking;
- Satellite Clubs;
- Marketing and communications.
The Workplace Challenge is aimed at getting workplaces active through tracking process and providing sport and fitness opportunities.
- Activity Log: Log your levels of sport, physical activity and active travel online. Compete with other workplaces, friends and colleagues. The more activity you do, the more points you get... and points make prizes!
- Competition Programme: Take part in inter-workplace competitions! India Sport is organising inter-workplace competitions across a variety of sports for you and your colleagues.
- Workplace Challenge Champions: Become a Workplace Challenge Champion and drive participation in your business. You will gain valuable resources and support to help improve the lives of your colleagues.
- Business Games: Information to follow.