Our Equality Policy for Sport
India Sport recognizes the value of sport and the important role it plays in enhancing quality of life. We are committed to increasing lifelong involvement in sport and physical activity across India and to improving standards and experiences through establishing a strong, sustainable infrastructure for sport in India.
Sports equality is about fairness, equality of access, recognizing inequalities and taking steps to address them. It's also about making sure that people can realize their talent and fulfill their potential. Sports equality is about using the power of sport to engage, unite and motivate people, promotes social inclusion and improve the health and well being of Indians. It is about individual and organisational responsibility to challenge discriminatory practice and promote inclusion.Our Policy Statement
We promise to:
- Ensure that equality and the needs of the population in India are given full regard in its policies, programmes and services for provision of sport and physical activity.
- Consult with organisations involved with equality and ensure that its policies, programmes and services are based on current research and good practice.
- Play an important role in creating a fair society through the services we provide, the people we employ and the money we spend.
- Commit to advancing equality of opportunity between people; fostering relations between different communities; eliminating discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Share our commitment, including people, organisations, and companies we work in partnership with and those who provide services on our behalf.
- Fully commit to the principles of equality of opportunity and be responsible for ensuring that no job applicant, employee, agency employee or volunteer receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, parental or marital status, pregnancy, religious belief, class or social background, sexual orientation or political belief.
- To deliver this policy by building equality and diversity into all aspects of our work. All reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that members, employees, agency employee, volunteers and partners committed to this policy.
- Address any form of discrimination that occurs within the organisation.